This is a post from last year. My second day of NaNo happened to fall on a Thursday and I needed a Thursday Thirteen Meme for that day. If you’re new to NaNoWriMo, take a look, because you’ll probably find yourself doing the same thing, although I must admit, 10k words in two days might be a little rare. You have to get a jump on it when you can. Here goes–
Reblogged from last year:
When you’re writing 50,000 words in 30 days, forget the rules of writing. You’ll kick yourself in the rear for it when it comes to editing in December, but it’s all part of it. For the 30 days of working on your Nano novel, just WRITE.
1. Wrote a lot of Words so far; using as few contractions as possible
2. Created many paragraphs :-)
3. Shame on me for using too many adjectives
4. Yikes, lots of adverbs
5. Misspelled words
6. Drank a lot of Coffee
7. Deleted a few words, sentences . . . (Shhh, don’t tell)
8. Wrote run-on sentences
9. Challenged myself to sprints
10. Wrote almost 10,000 words in less than 3 days (Will be over 10,000 by tonight)
11. Stayed in jammies most of the first day
12. Created a dilemma for myself and the characters
13. Used a lot of
strikethroughs instead of deleting
NOTE: I can see my editor cringing right now if she reads this.
1. First list item starts here…
Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others’ comments. It’s easy, and fun!
Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!